Saturday, September 19, 2015

ATTENTION NEW BLOG ALERT; Is My Sister a Walker(name of zombies from the Walking Dead)?



Have you ever wondered if the people in your family were really from outer space or friendly zombies?  I sure have questioned why my sister consistently gets on my last nerve very other month and still remains my sister.  That explains that I am alive because I am responding to my environment by being irritated about "sibling stuff", but what about her.  The Characteristics of Life helped me generate some evidence which determined that she was in fact human, and not a walker.  Oh well, life moves on and now you will also provide evidence that supports that a family member is actually a living thing by using the Characteristics of Life as your guide.  May the force be with you!  Create a short video clip that uses the 7 characteristics of life to determine if something/someone is intact alive.  You may use your family pet, your cousin, little brother, mom, a house plant, etc.  Have fun and make sure that you use a willing participant.  Your video clip cannot exceed 2 minutes and must use appropriate language and respect towards one another.  Use the following script to guide you through the experience but feel free to make your own clean and neat version.

Video script must include but is not limited to;

1. Cells.  I know my mother is a living thing and has cells because her skin is radiant and glows..... Mom, did you know that new skin cells are created every 7 days?  This is just an example,  you will have a better example I am sure.

2.  Energy/Metabolism.  I know my little brother has energy used through food he metabolizes because he likes to jump in the bed, run around, do jumping jacks, sing. etc....please be creative here and have your family member act out their version of energy.  You and your sibling could race to see who is faster.  Again, just my thoughts.

3.  All living things reproduce.  I am completely convinced that my dad/mom can reproduce because I am her offspring.  My grandmother is an example of a living thing because she and my grandfather had 8 children and one of them is my father.

4.  DNA.  "Everyone says that I look just like my daddy/grandma because...or I am so grateful that my mother has a great nose because she passed here genes to me and our noses look alike.  This is a great moment to show off a trait that you and your family member have in common.

5.  Respond to environment/stimuli.  Whenever I tickle my little sister, she laughs or whenever I pinch my little brother, he says ouch, or whenever I kiss my grandmother on the cheek, she smiles.(you must act this one out on the video and please be creative and respectful).

6. Grow and Develop.  My brother had a short hair cut 2 years ago and now his locks are past his shoulders.  Hair growth is just one example but there are many more that you may use.

7.  Evolution.  This is when your family member talks about you and how you have matured since the first day that you attended SEED DC.  They may discuss how you have evolved and your grades have  improved or your attitude has changed for the better.  Allow them to reflect on a moment that shows evolution within you as a student and citizen.

Again these are just examples of statements you may use but you must demonstrate an example of all seven characteristics of life in order to receive full credit.  You must tape your video with your family member.  This assignment is due on or before Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 11:59pm.
Make sure your blog is titled , Intro to Life Video with _______(your name here) and please be sure to label it Characteristics of Life.  Failure to label will deduct points from your total score
This assignment is worth 20 points towards your weighted projects category.

Happy Blogging Scholars..BTW Oct. 11 is the start of the new season #walkingdead

No comments:

Post a Comment