Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Bioethics Discussion Questions Chapter 3-4 (Genai Brown)

Chapter 3
11. What did the doctor tell Howard ?

the doctor told him that he was at high risk for heart disease because of his family history.

12. Why is it that some people who have the gene for a disease, never actually get the disease. List three possibilities in your answer. 

Because they say that the gene play a role in many disorders. because basically they say if you surround yourself with traits that may cause you to have this disease it's possible for you to get it. 

13. How can creating a genetic profile be helpful to a person?

it can be very helpful to a person that doesn't know anything about there health history. a genetic profiling tells information about a person's gene

14. If the genes are found that cause "criminal behavior", should the police be informed of those people that have those genes so they can keep an eye on them? Defend your answer.
yes they should keep an eye on them because then they could know exactly what criminal behavior they were committing. 

15. Chapter Vocabulary 
genetic expression- the effects of a gene's intstructions on the cells of the body 
genetic determinism- the false belief that a person's fate is determined solely by his or genes
behavioral genetics

Chapter 4 

16. If you were Mollie, would you have the test to determine if you were a carrier for cystic fibrosis? 
If i was mollie yes i would go get tested and see if i had this disease because it's only right to know if you have this.
17. What are the symptoms of the disease? 
The symptons of this disease is your lungs could be clogged with mucus with makes it's hard to breathe. your body may have a hard time digesting food. 
18. How can reproductive technology increase a couple's chances of having a healthy child? 
Reproductive Technology can increase a couple's chance of having an healthy child because they can take the man sperm and clean it of any disease then inject it inside the female.
19. If Mollie is tested and found to be a carrier for the disease, do you think the couple should still try to have a child? Why or why not? 

i believe that the couple should not try and make a child because Carlos would just have to deal with disease all over again.
20. If the couple conceives, and a genetic test confirms that the fetus will have the disease, should the pregnancy be terminated? Explain your reasons. 

Yes, i believe that the pregnancy should be terminated because the couple wouldn't have to deal with cost and medical things involves with having the child.
21. How can ex utero genetic testing help Carlos and Mollie have a healthy child? 

Ex utero genetic testing can help Carlos and Mollie have a healthy child because it can provide the clean fertilized eggs and place it inside the women uterus.
22. It is possible that in the future, genetic testing on a fetus could be done to determine other traits, like eye color, intelligence, or even probability of obesity or alcoholism. What do you think about this? Would you have your baby tested before it was born? Why or Why not? 

Yes, i believe that it is possible in the future because i think that it is really good that people can do that. No i would not have my child tested before it is born.
23. (Vocabulary) What is a DNA Marker?

DNA marker is a gene or other fragment of DNA  whose location is known and that often is inherited along with the disorder. 



1 comment:

  1. I thought my life had become meaningless and had nothing to offer anymore as I had HIV, the symptoms became very severe and bold which made my family and friends run away from me and abandoned me, so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams, vision and job because doctors told me there's no cure. I consumed so many antiviral drugs, but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me, It was worse. I was desperate to find solution to this horrible and deadly virus inside me. I made online research on herbal remedy for  HIV/Aids cure when I came across testimonies of some people on how DR JAMES uses his herbal mix medicine to Cured them of UNDERACTIVE THYROID, HIV/AIDS. HERPES VIRUS. CANCER, ALS. HEPATITIS B.DIABETES. HUPAPILLOMALOMA VIRUS DISEASE, ALZHEIMER'S, LUPUS, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked, and he told me on how his herbs and root medicine works Which was all okay with me. He sent me his herbal mix medicine and told me the usage and I should go for a test after 3 weeks of drinking the herbal medicine Within 7 days of his medications the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I negative by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR James for saving my life and I'll keep telling the world about you. If you're out there going through pains, rejection and  facing any kind of health challenges Worry no more and contact DR James via.GREATCUREMAN@GMAIL.COM  / INFO@DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM He's a good man, and he will surely help you

    ReplyDelete